Want More Organic Followers? Here’s 5 Ways to Get Them

There is some back and forth discussion about how important your follower count is to your success on Twitter. Let’s assume that it’s good to have a lot of followers – after all, it’s better to have them than to not have them, right?

The problem is how to actually get people to follow you. There are a lot of ways you can convince people to follow you, and this is especially true when you know someone. You meet someone at a trade show, give someone a business card, ask your friends and family – but this isn’t real, organic follower gaining.

When you gain followers organically, you get them without any direct effort. You aren’t asking – you’re implying, you’re enticing. You also never want to buy followers, so acquiring followers organically should be on the top of your list.

Gaining followers organically is also great for amassing a number of people that want to engage with you; in other words, growing in numbers and in quality. Let’s learn about how to make this happen.

  1. The 2 R’s – Reply and Retweet

When someone engages with you on Twitter, it’s like you’ve got a bite on the hook. You have two choices: you can let the fish nibble and swim away, or you can start working on reeling them in.

Say someone has replied to one of your tweets. No matter if they follow you or not, always engage with them in a positive, casual yet professional way. You don’t have to interact with every Twitter troll you see in your mentions, but use your better judgment to respond to those who are real people with real things to say.

This also works for retweets. When you see someone quoting your tweet, like it or engage with them again. You should also be retweeting content from those that engage with you to further your relationship.

  1. Be Consistent with Quality Content

Tweepsmap already has you covered with planned posting via the scheduling tool, but you also need to focus on your content quality and keeping this quality consistent. As a brand, you need to be aware of this rule of thumb: 80% of your posts should be informative or from outside sources. The other 20% should be promotional. This gives you room to advertise without looking gimmicky and desperate.

This content should be very high quality. From sharing news stories to creative, quirky promotional adds. Quality is key.

  1. Stay On Top of Hashtags and Trends

In order to stay relevant on topics, you have to know what the relevant topics are. This is something Tweepsmap can help you out with. Instead of using hashtags that are ghost towns, focus on trends that actually have a lot of action behind them.

This means using Tweepsmap to stay on top relevant topics as they evolve. From looking into the minds of your followers to generating hashtag maps, Tweepsmap knows how to keep you ahead of the times on Twitter. This keep you visible, which gets you more followers.

  1. Always Try Engaging with Influencers

You might not know who your influencers are, but we do. When you identify and engage with your influencers, you have a bigger chance of them interacting with you. When an influencer retweets something of yours, your name is now in the eyes of their timeline. This kind of visibility can give you a great follower boost.

  1. Promote, Promote, Promote

Anytime you can promote your Twitter handle, you need to. Whether it’s attaching it to your website or posting it on blog content you shop around, no one can follow you if they don’t know who you are.

While Widgets can put your Twitter handle on almost any platform, sometimes this isn’t enough. Use a hyperlink, or simply quote your Twitter handle when speaking with others. Get your name out there and you’ll get organic followers in a snap.

This is how you grow your Twitter following in an organic way. Remember, never buy your followers. Use the number of followers as a litmus test for how well your marketing and branding efforts are going. As your follower count grows, you’ll know you’re doing something right. Here you have it: you have grown the number and quality of your followers.

2 thoughts on “Want More Organic Followers? Here’s 5 Ways to Get Them”

Comments are closed.