We are big fans of Hootsuite! We are also big fans of twitter threads! We previously wrote about how to schedule twitter threads. Unfortunately however, Hootsuite doesn’t support scheduling threads natively (As of the time of this writing). But that doesn’t mean you can’t schedule threads using Hootsuite! It can be done if you install the tweepsmap Hootsuite plugin.
Here is a step by step guide on how to do it:
1. Install the Tweepsmap Hootsuite app
Add a new stream, click the “Apps” tab.
If you have never installed it, click “Get more apps” and search for Tweepsmap in the Hootsuite App directory then install it.
2. Add the Tweepsmap dashboard to your streams
3. Switch to the “Posts Calendar” from the menu
4. Compose your first tweet in the tweepsmap post composer
5. Click the (+) at the bottom right corner.
6. Add more tweets to your thread
After composing each tweet, you can add more tweets by clicking (+) at the bottom right corner.
You can remove tweets by clicking (x) at the top right corner of each tweet in the thread.
7. Schedule the thread either by adding it to a Pipeline, or using the PowerSchedule.
Once scheduled, tweepsmap will take care of posting the thread at the optimal/desired time.
Note that, the threads will not show up in the regular Hootsuite planner, you will need to view them or edit them using the tweepsmap Posts Calendar